Be inspired by Chanel’s AW22 haute couture show and add a cool spin to festive velvet party pieces …
Featured Image; Chanel AW22 haute couture show.
Looking for outfit inspiration for a formal event or just fancy upping the ante for a festive party? Take inspiration from Chanel’s AW22 haute couture show (above). A black velvet collarless jacket, lined in silk to create a beautiful drape, was paired with wide-leg velvet trousers. Velvet is traditionally reserved for special and stately occasions but these modern silhouettes and contemporary accessories help velvet cast off its traditional vibe and by adding a cool spin, place it firmly in the now. Whether you unearth something from the back of your wardrobe or invest in something new, style your black velvet dress, skirt or trousers with a jaunty ribbon hair tie, a standout neckpiece, sparkly brooch and shoes that are the very opposite of staid. Velvet’s back with a bang!
1. Black velvet bow scrunchie, €6.99, at New Look.
2. Star crystal brooch, Alessandra Rich, €298; www.net-a-porter.com.
3. Black Demya velvet double-breasted blazer, €325, at Ted Baker, 88-95 Grafton Street, Dublin 2.
4. Crystal Stellina headband, Marina Fossati, €150, at Costume, Castlemarket, Dublin 2.
5. Black velvet strappy dress, Whistles, €259, at Arnotts.
6. Black Integral ceramic watch with diamonds, Rado, €2,520; www.fields.ie.
7. Blackcrystal-embellished strapless velvet gown, Saint Laurent, €3,900; www.net-a-porter.com.
8. Black velvet obi belt with tassel ties, €59.95, at ZARA.
9. Black silk velvet wide-leg jumpsuit, €165, at Marks and Spencer.
10. Rhinestone two-tone necklace, €115; www.maxmara.com
11. Black embroidered floral gloves, Dries Van Noten, €720, at Brown Thomas.
12. BlackFlawless suede platform shoes, €339, Russell & Bromley, 76 Grafton Street, Dublin 2.
13. Black Traci faux-fur jacket, Jakke, €225, at Arnotts.