Oversized “boyfriend” watches and classic styles are at the forefront This season – and we know just where to find them …
Featured image; Longines.
Steal your other half’s timepiece this season. Oversized “boyfriend” watches and classic styles are at the forefront, as are pre-owned and vintage; we compulsively browse the Vintage Watches section at www.weirandsons.ie. Repairs and restoration are key words – dig out heirlooms and get them ticking. Weirs offers an in-house watchservice, specialising in Rolex restoration. Coloured dials are still big, particularly ink-blue (Hermès’ Arceau is the dream) and racing-car green or salmon pink. An oversized face on a smaller wrist is the way to go, such as a men’s Longines Grande Classique. Catch Adam’s Fine Jewellery and Watches sale on December 6 (www.adams.ie) to bag a classic.
Victoria Beckham sporting her Rolex watch.
1. Patek Philippe Calatrava 5227R in rose gold, at Boodles, 71 Grafton Street, Dublin. www.patek.com
2. Rolex Oyster Day- Date 40 in 18ct yellow gold and green, www.weirandsons.ie.
3. Rado Switzerland Classic Florence Black Gold, €1,200, www. rado.com.
4. Longines Master Collection 190th Anniversary in silver, €2,280; www. longines.com.
5. Gucci G-Timeless steel and gold quartz watch, €1,200, at Gucci, Queen’s Arcade, Belfast.
6. Tommy Hilfiger Hendrix gold-tone stainless steel quartz watch, €169, at Weirs.
7. Newbridge Silverware men’s watch with leather strap, €80; www.newbridgesilverware.com.
8. Swatch Optical White, €170; www.swatch.com.
9. Chanel H6954 Boyfriend leather and steel quartz watch, €3,7670; www.chanel.com.