Move over athleisure, balletcore is trending, says Aislinn Coffey
Main Image; For the runway show of New York-based label Interior, models wore ballet flats.
Spring’s balletcore trend prioritises pretty, comfortable clothing that allows the wearer to move with the ease and elegance of a dancer. Soft colours with some classic cygne noir are mainstays of the look, as are bodysuits, midaxi ombré cotton skirts, black stretch trousers, wrap tops and delicate voile blouses. A key accessory is a pair of ballet flats. The fashion crowd’s favourites are Miu Miu’s waterlily pink satin slippers with elastic straps. Complete the off-duty dancer look with a neat bun and a thin elastic hairband.
1. Pearl Soft M Hobo leather bag, MANSUR GAVRIEL, €1,100, at Harvey Nichols, Dundrum Town Centre, Dublin 16.
2. Chocolate brown The Fonteyn bodysuit, GOLDSIGN, €349, at Brown Thomas.
3. THEY’RE GOING TO LOVE YOU, a tale of betrayal, art and ambition set in the world of New York professional ballet by Meg Howrey, Bloomsbury, €23.79, at Easons.
4. Cream tulle skirt, €79; WWW.ARKET.COM
5. Beige ribbed wool wrap cardigan, €69; matching bralette, 54; both at COS, 6-8 Wicklow Street, Dublin 2.
6. Black leather Mary Janes, €99.95, at MASSIMO DUTTI, Dundrum Town Centre, Dublin 16.
7. Super Strong hair pins, €8.25; WWW.DANCEWORLD.IE.
8. Lavender CBD relaxing hand and foot cream, €21, at L’OCCITANE, Dundrum Town Centre, Dublin 16.
9. Black Rio stretch-ponte stirrup leggings, LESET, €136; www.net-a-porter.com.
10. Lerina adjustable ballet bar, €60.99; WWW.HIFI-TOWER.IE.
11. Nude cashmere mix legwarmers, €160; WWW.CASHMEREINLOVE.COM.
12. Almond L’Oxygéné oxegenated nail lacquer, NAILBERRY, €17.45; www.lookfantastic.ie.