Running out of ideas for #MeatlessMonday dinners? Try this Roasted Cauliflower Couscous Tabbouleh recipe from Avoca …
Whip up a delicious salad of grilled cauliflower with curry seasoning mixed with fresh and zesty tabbouleh. This salad embraces the colours of summer and is the perfect midweek lunch or simple dinner.
AVOCA’s Roasted Cauliflower Couscous Tabbouleh
Serves 4-6 people
1 cauliflower, cut into ¼ or ? (depending on how many you are serving)
Olive oil, for drizzling
2 tsp curry powder
Sea salt & black pepper
200g pearl couscous
2 tsp turmeric powder
1 bunch parsley, chopped
1 bunch mint, chopped
1 bunch coriander, chopped
1 bunch dill, chopped
50g pine nuts, toasted
1 red chilli, chopped
80g golden sultanas or raisins
2 lemons, zested & juiced
50ml olive oil
100g baby kale leaves, washed
Sea salt & freshly cracked black pepper
1. Pre heat oven to 190° degrees.
2. Toss the cauliflower with curry powder, olive oil, salt and pepper.
3. Spread out onto a lined baking sheet and roast in the oven for 25-35 minutes until the cauliflower is soft and the edges are charred and dark brown.
4. To a pot of boiling water add sea salt and turmeric.
5. Cook the couscous until tender, drain and set aside. Drizzle with olive oil to prevent sticking.
6. In a large bowl add the couscous, herbs, kale, pine nuts, chilli, raisins, lemon zest and juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss well to combine and adjust seasoning if needed.
7. Arrange couscous onto a large platter, scatter the cauliflower over and drizzle with a little more olive oil. Perfect served with crusty bread and a dollop of yoghurt (optional).
Sign up to our MAILING LIST now for a roundup of the latest fashion, beauty, interiors and entertaining news from THE GLOSS MAGAZINE’s daily dispatches.