Data privacy and protection for everyone who uses our products and services, and who entrusts us with their information, is very important to Gloss Publications. We have written this privacy notice so you can better understand how we collect data, what we do with it. It will also outline what rights you have over your data and how we protect and facilitate those rights.
Any marketing email we send you will always have an “unsubscribe” link that will take you off that list. Please remember that you may have subscribed from another email address; you will only be able to use the link to “unsubscribe” from the address to which the email has been sent.
Your Personal Information
We collect information:
- when you pay for any of our products or services
- when you register to receive one of our newsletters
- when you use either of our websites, thegloss.ie or www.lookthebusiness.ie.
- when you attend any of our events
- when you enter a competition
- if you contact us about a query or a complaint
We collect the following types of information:
When you use or subscribe to one of our services, such as purchasing a print subscription, signing up to an email newsletter or entering a competition, we will ask you to provide information such as your name, email and/or postal address so that we can provide you with the services requested.
When you purchase a product or service from us, such as subscribing to one of our magazines or attending one of our events, we will also ask you for your payment details in addition to your contact information, in order to secure payment and to authorise access to our products and services.
When you visit one of our websites, we collect information about your web visit, such as how long you visited, what sites you visited or pages you looked at, your IP address and where you were when you visited, what sort of device you were using when you visited (such as a mobile phone or type of desktop PC, Mac etc), and information identifying the language used by your Device.
When you visit one of our websites, we collect data on your online behaviour (eg time spent on website, items clicked on, etc).
When you buy a product or service from us, such as magazine subscription or a ticket to a Gloss Publications event, we will collect information about what products and services you have bought from us.
When you register for a newsletter or take part in research, we may collect data about your preferences, tastes and interests.
How we use your personal information
We collect different types of information about people for four main reasons:
- To provide personalised services unique to individual users.
- So we can monitor and improve the services we offer.
- To sell advertising space on our websites. This helps us to keep our websites free for people who visit them.
- To market products and services which we think would be relevant to you.
When you sign up to one of our newsletters, you are giving consent for us to use the email address provided to send you relevant content for the brands you have signed up to. You can withdraw this consent for any newsletter by unsubscribing at any time.
Delivery of goods and services
We will use the information you have provided for the provision of goods and/or services that you have requested and subsequently communicating with you about those products and services.
Please note too, that when you buy something from us – such as subscription or a ticket to an event – we may contact you about your registration details, to manage any account or subscription you have with us, or to provide customer service. This will be the case even if you have opted-out of, or declined to consent to, receiving promotional emails.
When you enter one of our online competitions, we will process your information for the purposes of picking a winner. If you have opted-in to receiving information from us about our products and services (eg receiving subscriptions offers, event invitations, signing up for editorial newsletters etc) then we will use the information you provide to make sure we offer you relevant products and services (based on where you live, your age, gender, tastes, preferences etc). If you have opted-in to receive news and offers from any competition sponsors, we will share your information with them.
We work with partners in luxury goods, fashion, travel and retail so that we can present you with some outstanding offers and opportunities by either email or post. You will only ever receive partner messages from us if you have actively given permission. We won’t disclose your personal information to anyone, the messages will come from us and you can unsubscribe at any time from these messages.
We process any information you provide when dealing with any complaints or enquiries made by you or legally on your behalf.
In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent:
- When you sign up for the MyGloss feature (where you can save articles to read later) on www.thegloss.ie
- When you sign up to any editorial newsletter
- When you tick a box to receive email from Gloss Publications about news and offers
- When you tick a box to consent to receive email from Gloss Publications on behalf of our partners
- We send SMS messages, either from Gloss Publications or on behalf of our partners with your consent
- When you give us your details to enter a competition
- When you participate in any research, this is with your consent
In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations.
For example, when you purchase a print subscription to a magazine, we will keep your name and address to fulfil your subscription.
If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data.
For example, we can pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity affecting us to law enforcement.
We work with service providers to perform some tasks on our behalf. This might include: analysis, payments, marketing, etc and including tagging and blending non-personal site user data to provide aggregate demographics on our audiences. We may share your personal data with these providers to perform the necessary tasks. However, they are obliged not to disclose or use it for any other purposes. Any third-party processing of your data on our behalf will be subject to security and confidentiality obligations consistent with this privacy notice and applicable law.
Customer Research and Insights
We may disclose de-personalised data (such as aggregated statistics) about the audience of our products and services and/or research participants to describe our sales, customers, traffic patterns and other information to prospective partners, advertisers, investors and other reputable third parties, and for other lawful purposes. These statistics will never include identifiable personal information.
With your explicit permission, we may share your information with other companies we are working with, such as competition sponsors. Whenever we share your information with another company, we will always ask for your permission, will name the company and will always be clear that your information will be shared with another organisation.
How long will we keep data?
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide the individual service/s you have requested, while taking into account any legal requirements and tax and accounting rules. We do not store customer data for longer than six years after the last purchase.
Third Party Security
We make sure that we have appropriate security measures to protect your information and make sure that, when we ask another organisation to provide a service for us, they have appropriate security measures and follow the same high standards of security and data protection as we do.
As a consumer, you have rights:
- The right to be informed.At every point where we are collecting your data, we will inform you of why it is being collected and how it is being processed.
- The right of access.If you wish to see what information we hold on you, you may send us what is called a Subject Access request. We will require photocopies of two pieces of identification. We will respond within 30 days of receipt of your request.
- The right to rectification.We offer the opportunity to amend your personal information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The right to erasure.If you wish to cancel all communications with us, we can anonymise or de-identify your data. Please contact us at email@example.com.
- The right to restrict processing.You can opt-out or restrict the processing of your data by amending your cookie settings in your browser or unsubscribing from postal and email communications.