WELLBEING EXPERT DANI SHEIL HAS 20 YEARS’ EXPERIENCE OF INSPIRING PEOPLE TO FIND DIRECTION AND LIVE A PURPOSEFUL, HARMONIOUS AND HAPPY LIFE. HER NEW APRIL EMERGENCE COURSE COMBINES YOGA AND COACHING TO BRING JOY AND FULFILMENT …
It’s a truth universally accepted that we are all nearing the end of our collective tether. Patience, resilience and equanimity has been sorely tested in this third lockdown and light at the end of the tunnel is still tantalisingly elusive. Women especially, as carers-in-chief at home, are finding it increasingly difficult to carve out some “me time” in order to regain a sense of balance.
Someone who is empathetic is experienced wellbeing coach Dani Sheil. She encourages her clients to find practices that combine giving energy and strength to the body, balance to the nervous system and steadiness to the mind, thus promoting overall health. She believes, “When we unite this with breath work and a positive, strong mindset our entire organism comes together and creates the feeling of wellbeing and prosperity.”
In her virtual classes, she teaches her clients how to harness this sense of wellbeing. Here she shares some tips exclusively with THE GLOSS:
1. Find a body breath movement practice to suit you; yoga or tai chi are excellent choices. I always encourage my clients to try twice-weekly practices to make a difference to both mind and body.
2. Take at least five minutes a day to stop everything; close your eyes, follow your breath or do a guided meditation. It clears space for focused thinking and clarity.
3. Find a coach that can help to reframe your negative thoughts. Your thoughts influence your actions and the mind does its best to prove that thoughts are right. Challenge your beliefs and make a plan with your coach to take actions to move towards your goal.
4. Keep learning, everything that lives grows. Keep your mind open to new ideas.
5. You will never please everyone, stay true to yourself and remember it is not your concern what others think of you.
6. Remember no-one can dictate your happiness except for you, hunt the good stuff, I promise it is always out there.
7. Spend time with those who love and support you, human or animal, they will focus your energy and make you light at heart.
8. Eat healthy, non-processed foods and do what you can to encourage restful sleep.
9. Smile as often as you can, it releases dopamine and serotonin, increasing happiness and reducing stress.
10. Look at yourself in the mirror daily and tell yourself you’re gorgeous … this might sound weird or funny but it works; at least it will put a smile on your face!
Dani’s “April Emergence” is a two-fold yoga and coaching programme designed to bring you joy and fulfilment in addition to building your self-esteem and confidence. Starting on April 3rd there are four weeks of practice starting on Saturday morning. Join the 9.30am yoga class, followed by an interactive coaching workshop before closing with a calming meditation. The full timetable can be viewed online (eg on Monday evening there is yoga from 7.30pm-8.30pm and a Friday morning meditation at 9.30am). Don’t worry about missing a class as it is all recorded. Upon completion of the course, Dani will have a 30 minute one-to-one coaching session with each participant to make sure they stay on track.
The price for this special “April Emergence” programme is €320. However if you sign up before March 28th, it will be reduced to €280 and as a bonus you’ll get as a bonus you’ll get Dani’s “Time For Me” monthly membership for a reduced €59 from €80 per month; ENROLL HERE.
For further information visit www.danisheil.com.
Sign up to our MAILING LIST now for a roundup of the latest fashion, beauty, interiors and entertaining news from THE GLOSS MAGAZINE’s daily dispatches.