MARY DOWEY recommends lip-smacking rosés and we share some refreshing cocktail recipes perfect for summer parties …
The perfect wine for summer parties? Think pink. Besides looking gorgeous in the glass, rosés are refreshing and surprisingly food-friendly. Find my top serving tips below …
– Pink fizz is a delectable summer apéritif. My M&S favourite (and a brilliant bargain) is Graham Beck The Rhona Brut Rosé.
– Serve the palest dry rosés with light first courses. Even a simple tomato salad will be transformed.
– In-between styles like the delicious Côtes de Provence Sainte Victoire Rosé 2018 suit almost everything, while more full-bodied dry rosés pair well with cold meats, grilled chicken or pork.
– Strange but true: pink wines often taste terrific with pink foods. Prawns, crab, salmon, tuna, parma ham, cold meats, rare lamb …
– Try sweeter wines (eg from Anjou) with or in red fruit desserts. Splash into a bowl of strawberries. Heaven!
– Always, always serve very well chilled.
Shake up a rosé cocktail
Cocktails are a guaranteed way to get the party started, and these three refreshing drinks are surprisingly simple. These three easy ideas will make the perfect apéritif at your next summer party …
Fill a glass with ice and top up with two parts Aperitivo liqueur, two parts Côteaux Varois en Provence rosé, and a squeeze of lime. Mix, then top up with soda. Garnish with fresh lime wedges.
GRAPEFRUIT ROSÉ FIZZ
Combine one-part vermouth and one-part gin with two parts La Dame en Rose and two parts fresh grapefruit juice. Pour into a tumbler filled with ice and garnish with fresh rosemary and a wedge of grapefruit. Serve as a new twist on negroni.
In a food processor or with a hand blender, muddle a generous handful of hulled strawberries with a tablespoon of sugar and a dash of elderflower liqueur.
Spoon a little into champagne coupes, then top up with La Dame en Rose sparkling. Lovely as an apéritif.
Sponsored by Marks & Spencer Ireland
Love THEGLOSS.Ie? Sign up to our MAILING LIST now for a roundup of the latest fashion, beauty, interiors and entertaining news from THE GLOSS MAGAZINE’s daily dispatches.