Want THE LOWDOWN on what to wear and which shows to watch? Stay streets ahead of the fash pack with these FASHION WEEK ESSENTIALS, from what to wear to WHERE TO WATCH new shows …
1. Forget trying to nab a frow seat, for the best access, open your apps. JW Anderson streamed his AW/16 menswear show on Grindr, while Brown Thomas took to Periscope with their latest lingerie collection. Burberry previewed SS16 on Snapchat before their show and Misha Nonoo ditched the catwalk altogether in favour of an ‘Instashow’.
2. Want to attend the Emilia Wickstead, Mary Katrantzou, Temperley London and Holly
Fulton shows? This year, tickets are available to the public for as little as £20, from www.londonfashionweek.co.uk/tickets. Snap them up now or forever suffer from Fashion FOMO.
3. Unexpected fashion show venues promise to be a talking point this season. New York Fashion Week was forced to leave the Lincoln Centre and find cool new spaces including Skylight at Moynihan Station, a former post office. Oscar de la Renta will show in the restored neo-Classical Prince George Ballroom, while Tory Burch will be at the David H Koch Theatre. Closer to home, London Fashion Week this year takes place in Brewer Street Car Park, Soho.
4. Socks with heels are a must, with grey being the colour du jour, as spotted on Mira Duma and her flawless posse (above).
5. Do as the models do and book a motorbike taxi to the centre ville, the transport
of choice in Paris … and now in London.
6. Capture your street style snaps with the crystal clear lens of an iPhone 6S, the must-have techcessory.
7. Tick two major trend boxes this season by layering your tight-fitting leather jacket underneath a smart trench or a luxurious fur coat.
8. Amble easily between shows in a pair of statement kicks. We love leather, nubuck
and piqué sneakers by Tod’s, (€310; www.net-a-porter.com).
Image via Rex
This article appeared in a previous issue, for more features like this, don’t miss our March issue, out Saturday March 5.
Love THEGLOSS.ie? Sign up to our MAILING LIST now for a roundup of the latest fashion, beauty, interiors and entertaining news from THE GLOSS MAGAZINE’s daily dispatches.