These INNOVATIVE beauty GAME-CHANGERS will BRIGHTEN up your routine …
1. Do disco lips: There are many things that Estée Lauder does well, and lipstick is definitely one of them. We love the disco feel of the chrome Pure Colour Love lipsticks and cremes like this Crazy Beautiful shade, €24.
2. Upgrade your eyeliner: The Kat Von D make-up range landed at Debenhams recently with much fanfare – and while teens go crazy for the daring colours and contouring palettes, rebellious grown-ups will fall for dusty rose Magick lipstick (€21), and Tattoo liquid eyeliner (€20), for the punkiest cat’s eye you’ve ever worn.
3. Switch to powder: We’re inspired by consultant dermatologist Dr Niki Ralph to wear powder rather than liquid foundation; she wears Bareminerals Original Foundation SPF15 (€29.50) – now available in ten new shades – for a light natural look. Don’t miss their excellent skincare range while you’re at the counter: the masks and cleansers are quiet heroes for a variety of skin types.
4. Up your candle game: If you live in the city but miss the countryside, there is now a way to inject your home with the scent of Irish fields (only the nice bits, we might add). Lichen, Pear, Ivy and Hay are just some of the scents Alix Mulholland has captured in her elegant Field Apothecary candle range, recently launched exclusively at Arnotts Dublin. Quirky notes such as gorse, thyme, stone and spearmint lend a cool, clean authenticity to these candles, which make stylish gifts in their specially illustrated boxes. €35 each. 40 hours burn time. www.fieldapothecary.com.
5. Trade lipstick for lip oil: Conditioning lip care is coming to the rescue after a winter of matte lips – and this season’s luscious lip oils are full of pigment too, so they last well while feeling like a comfort blanket. Elizabeth Arden Sheer Kiss Lip Oils come in a range of bright shades, €25. The classic Clarins Lip Comfort Oil now comes in collectable colours from candy pink to tangerine. €21.
6. Discover hourglass: Make a beeline for the new Hourglass counter at Harvey Nichols Dundrum. This is a luxe beauty line worth looking at for its illuminating primers and excellent lip oil (€39.50).
7. Try blush on a stick: Forget messy powders or palettes: travel-friendly quick stick blushers are the way to go this summer. Two of the most naturally flattering are: Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Sheer Colour Stick Blush, €41; NARS x Charlotte Gainsbourg Multiple Tint, €41.
Love THEGLOSS.ie? Sign up to our MAILING LIST now for a roundup of the latest fashion, beauty, interiors and entertaining news from THE GLOSS MAGAZINE’s daily dispatches.