These are the ones we ACTUALLY USE …
It’s really only in the winter that we start to be aware of our poor old hands, and try and slap some cream on them every now and then. But really it should be a year-round thing – hands bear the brunt of weather, from sun to cold, along with washing up and the rest … We can have good intentions, but then be put off by creams that are greasy or too thick. These five are the tried and tested favourites we actually use. Keep a tube in the car, by the TV and on your desk to remind you to give your hands some TLC every now and then.
1. Even if the cream was terrible, we’d be tempted by this egg-shaped Chanel La Creme Main Texture Riche hand cream just for its nifty packaging. But the cream itself is beautifully moisturising and just fragrant enough. Perfect for throwing in your bag and using at every given opportunity. We’d just love it to be refillable. €56.
2. Luxe fragrances by Atelier Cologne are an investment, so the hand cream is the perfect way of trying its divine sunny Bergamote Soleil without breaking the bank. Not many hand creams are uplifting, but this one is; I love the way the fragrance lasts on your skin. €18, at Brown Thomas.
3. Italian family-owned haircare brand Davines is now widely available in Ireland, and its hand balm is something of an insider secret; hairdressers swear by it for protecting their hands, which are endlessly plunged in water. It smells amazing, with lots of rich and nourishing oils to help protect hands against sun, wind and cold. €18.
4. L’Occitane Shea Butter hand cream, in its cool tube, is one of our lasting favourites: it’s sustainably produced, is nourishing without being greasy, and sinks into skin fast. Wouldn’t be without it. I’m currently using this whipped Delightful Tea version, part of their winter collection. €24.
5. Cerave Reparative Hand Cream may be lower on the glamour stakes but it’s very hard-working. It’s designed for very dry skin, with ceramides to protect and limit water loss, and is a good affordable pharmacy solution. The whole US brand is good for winter skin rescue, but this is the star. €5.50.
Love THEGLOSS.ie? Sign up to our MAILING LIST now for a roundup of the latest fashion, beauty, interiors and entertaining news from THE GLOSS MAGAZINE’s daily dispatches.