Just as important as the gifting that has gone before it, is SELECTING SOMETHING INDULGENT for yourself to start the new year, writes Beauty Editor SARAH HALLIWELL. Here are a few WONDERFUL IDEAS to spend those luxurious Christmas vouchers on …
Beauty gifts, especially to one’s self, must be selected with precision and care, avoiding those humdrum pharmacy coffrets. Whether it’s something small to add to your makeup bag – you can’t go wrong with a mini Tom Ford lipstick – or a luxe keepsake from a Christmas voucher that will delight you all year, we reckon that the beautiful and fragrant beats the practical, sensible self-gift every time.
Choose something that comes in a lovely box or tin to keep and store lipsticks in. It’s easy to be dazzled by new scents – Alaïa Paris is one of the best – but don’t forget the classics, too like Jo Malone, and a drop of Youth Dew. A glam make-up bag is something you should treat yourself with, and Charlotte Tilbury’s are eminently collectable. There’s also the thrill of a new find – By Terry is a brand worth discovering. Satisfaction guaranteed. Here’s our edit of ten lovely beauty buys to treat yourself with while the festive season is still upon us (and while the sales are kind).
1. Lips & Boys mini lip colour, TOM FORD, €33 each, at Brown Thomas.
2. Rue Saint-Honoré candle, ASTIER DE VILLATTE, €70, at Samui, 17 Drawbridge Street, Cork; www.samuifashions.com.
3. Luxury Trousseau, JO MALONE LONDON, €790, limited edition, at Brown Thomas.
4. On Call make-up bag, CHARLOTTE TILBURY x Norman Parkinson, €40, at Brown Thomas.
5. Miniature Classic Collection for Men, AMOUAGE, €195, at Parfumarija, Westbury Mall, Dublin 2.
6. Youth Dew Gift Set, ESTÉE LAUDER, €51, at Arnotts.
7. Gold Jewel Lip Kiss palette, BY TERRY, €98, at SpaceNK.
8. Le Vernis in Rouge Noir, CHANEL, €23.50, at counters nationwide.
9. Scented Body Lotion, ALAÏA PARIS, €43, at www.debenhams.ie.
10. Pierre Hermé Voyage Immortelle Kit, €24, L’OCCITANE, 15 Wicklow Street, Dublin 2, and branches.
For stockists, see our stockist page.
This article appeared in a previous issue, for more features like this, don’t miss our January issue, out Thursday January 7.
Love THEGLOSS.ie? Sign up to our MAILING LIST now for a roundup of the latest fashion, beauty, interiors and entertaining news from THE GLOSS MAGAZINE’s daily dispatches.