Do you want to know WHAT TO WEAR right now? We’ve compiled a list of our HERO PIECES for AW17 …
1. A cashmere coat. This season we are all jumping on the cashmere bandwagon as the chill of autumn arrives. Envelop yourself in the comfort of a luxurious cashmere coat. Louise Kennedy‘s stylish, modern cashmere-mix coats are definitely worth the investment. Wear yours day-to-night with everything from tailoring to denim. www.louisekennedy.com.
2. Velvet. Velvet continues to capture our hearts; think dark-ground floral prints and regal jewel tone plains with a focus on golden ochre hues. We love this floral velvet dress from Marks & Spencer. If florals aren’t your thing, try a yellow pleated skirt or dip a toe with opulent kitten heels.
3. Statement earrings. With everything. Statement jewellery is a key trend this season and chandelier earrings are one of our favourite ways to tap it. Pandora’s new autumn vintage-feel collection is really worth a look.
4. A saddle bag. New to Kildare Village, The Cambridge Satchel Company’s saddle-bag shape is simply detailed with textured leather and polished gold hardware. The internal compartments are perfectly sized for all your essentials.
5. Fun knits. Crazy cool 90s knitwear is back. Think fuzzy, embroidered and embellished home-spun quality sweaters and cardigans in vibrant colours. AVOCA has a great selection of fun knits from Second Female. Add a high-neck blouse.
6. Everyday accessories. We love the standout, luxe autumn accessories from Carolyn Donnelly’s The Edit at Dunnes Stores. A cool girl’s autumn wardrobe wouldn’t be complete without an oversized, colourful silk scarf and a pair of boyish brogues for running around town.
7. Tuxedo dressing. Le Smoking, not smoking, is back in fashion with tailored tuxedos worn bare (if you dare) or with a white blouse to channel this season’s runways. Selected Femme’s super rendition is well-cut and well-priced.
Love THEGLOSS.ie? Sign up to our MAILING LIST now for a roundup of the latest fashion, beauty, interiors and entertaining news from THE GLOSS MAGAZINE’s daily dispatches.