From the THOUSANDS OF LAUNCHES we tried and tested over the past twelve months, these are THE STANDOUTS we love right now as the year starts …
1. THE TREND … It’s been the year of the lipstick: formulas such as MAC Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolour, Tom Ford’s Patent Polish gloss and Chanel’s Lip Ink dazzled, and made lip colour more exciting than ever.
2. ARRIVALS … The new passion for blow-dry bars (see right) means we can have better hair, at hours that suit us.
3. GADGET … Yes, the Dyson Supersonic hairdrier is an investment buy, but it really does transform the daily drag of hair-drying.
4. MAKE-UP MAGIC … Lancôme’s Miracle Cushion foundation (below right, d38) is no gimmick – it goes everywhere with us.
5. SURPRISE HITS … Blue mascara, especially YSL’s Vinyl Couture: it’s far more wearable and flattering than you think.
6. THE SHOW-STOPPER … Victoria Beckham’s collaboration with Estée Lauder was love at first sight – and we hear there is more in the pipeline.
7. THE ESSENTIAL … Lancôme’s Grandiôse Liner (d29) made it easy for all of us to do the perfect cat’s eye.
8. THE PALETTE … Everyone loves the Nakeds, but our pick is Urban Decay’s Moon Dust (below, d40, at Debenhams), a set of glittery eyeshadows that are fun and fabulous, just as make-up should be.
This article appeared in a previous issue, for more features like this, don’t miss our January issue, out Thursday, January 5.
Love THEGLOSS.ie? Sign up to our MAILING LIST now for a roundup of the latest fashion, beauty, interiors and entertaining news from THE GLOSS MAGAZINE’s daily dispatches.